Tuesday, 17 June 2014 21:29
Author: Karel Křivanec
The 34th World Fly Fishing Championship took place in South Bohemia between 27th May and 1st June. While 19 teams took part at the previous championship in 1996, this year there were 26 teams and 8 individuals from 4 other countries. The home team was quite a clear favourite of this championship and another medal was expected from the individual competition. The World Championship was done on the basis of the 2011 European Championship, and all fish species were eligible (from the size of 180 mm).
Tuesday, 11 February 2014 13:32
By Igor Slavík
In January this year, I was fishing with my friends at Goiserer Traun near Bad Ischl in Austria to test new rods made by the Czech company Hanak Competition. After the arrival at the river, we divided and started fishing. Petr chose a great place at first sight, which was near the parking place and thus very visited. I stayed there with him for a while, he caught a fish, I took a photo and then I walked with Franta a bit downstream. We were carefully fishing in nice places and from time to time we caught something. The water level was under average. Even for this reason we met many fishermen. Therefore, there was a higher pressure on the river and lower number of catches. Nevertheless, we dealt with it and caught fish between 35 and 52cm.
Sunday, 05 January 2014 17:50
The Scottish Government: To reverse the decision by the Salmon Net Fishing Association of Scotland [SNFAS] to resume net fishing in the spring after a 14 year voluntary cessation.
This petition will be delivered to:
The Scottish Government
- Wild Salmon numbers are at an all time low, particularly fish entering our rivers in spring. The voluntary agreement above along with Catch and Release by anglers has seen this particular group of fish , at best, “hold their own”! To begin netting at this time of the year again would do irreparable damage to this early running group/cohort collectively known as spring fish.
- If we have no fish entering our rivers in the early part of the year then many full time jobs will be threatened as revenue from those early anglers is lost. In 2003 "Salmon Angling" was found to be worth £74 Million to the Scottish economy, supporting 2800 full time jobs, mainly in rural areas with extremely fragile economies. A shorter season will see those full time jobs become part time, attracting, not young families, but older people to do a seasonal job.
- The support industry we have for salmon fishing in Scotland would also suffer; from tackle shops, to tea shops. Petrol stations, hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and not forgetting all their suppliers! Although we have no new figures, to the Scottish Economy, salmon fishing will now be worth around double that of the figure above.
- We are not talking about a few nets-men and wealthy landowners here. No, we are talking about the jobs of 2800 ordinary people, their families and the longevity of an extraordinarily “Scottish” way of life; a way of life with so much, yet untapped tourism potential. To threaten the livlihoods of many for that of few makes no sense at all.
- The Scottish Government will only support the netting of wild salmon when a "Harvestable Surplus Occurs" FACT. This is certainly not the case with Spring Salmon, or, some would argue - Summer or Autumn Salmon.
- Calling a halt this madness will at least give those remaining fish a "chance" to spawn and in doing so producing the next generation, which hopefully, we will manage better than in the past.
More information and reading on the background to this petition and also points for online discussion, can be found here - http://www.speyonline.com/petition.htm
- Not fit for the world’s best anglers
- Czech Nymph on a French leader
- An Attempt to an Analysis of the Success Rate of Competitors Based on their Beats at EC in Slovakia 2013
- Foreword by international organizer
- A short reflection on results from Slovakia
- Czech team World Champion for the ninth time – This time in Norway
- What has brought the FIPS-Mou Congress in Portugal
- Czech Republic stands for the 2014 World Championship
Page 1 of 16«StartPrev12345678910NextEnd»